Corporation of Woodsboro
2 South 3rd Street
P.O. Box 88
Woodsboro MD, 21798
Phone: (301) 898-3800
A Quick History of Woodsboro
Early History suggest that the Woodsboro area was a hunting and trapping ground for the wandering tribe of the Susquehanna Indians. Robert Israel was one of the first men to settle the area after venturing into the Maryland interior from the Chesapeake Bay region. Israel Creek still bears his name and was used to refer to the residents who inhabited the area until after the Revolutionary War.
The original land grant was to Joseph Wood, an Englishman, born 1693 in Gloucester, England. The town was laid out in 1786. The initial name appears to have been Woodsberry with some plats show Woodsberrytown, later becoming Woodsborough, and still later, Woodsboro.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,141 people, 423 households, and 306 families residing in the town. Sed ut magna quam. Nulla laoreet porta diam sit amet ultricies. Proin ut placerat nibh. Donec commodo sem blandit, fermentum nulla et, ullamcorper nisl. Nunc dignissim placerat lacus at lacinia. Maecenas est odio, gravida quis nibh ut, faucibus dapibus erat. Ut convallis gravida vestibulum.